Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27, 2010

What a beautiful day it is. Loving the weather despite rains coming to damper our Memorial Day weekend but we're here to focus on staying positive and getting into great shape.

I received my Primal Cookbook in the mail and we're starting that quest this evening to see what goodies they have in store. Other good news, my wife after finishing her Masters at EMory and passing her Boards is now a licensed PA and will begin working next Wednesday in a non-surgical Ortho office. 2 incomes and the job of her dreams makes for a pretty good week so far.

Workout routines. Back on the charge with simpleFit. I love this workout b/c it is builds on the foundation and helps with functional strength. With my back injury it's hard for me to stay motivated in the gym b/c I am a competitor at heart so when I see some yahoo jacking up weights it makes me want to do the same even though I know I should't. Yesterday I did 25 sets of 2 pull-ups, 4 push ups and 4 squats. The numbers would change occasionally but I hit some pretty good numbers overall. I also incorporated some bowflex for an additional burn.

I am trying to get as organized as possible and really start tracking every aspect of my fitness goals. This wil keep everything in fornt of me and let me track progress to my ultimate goals. I need to locate an App for this kind of thing and see what I can do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment