Monday, June 7, 2010

New Day, New beginning.

It feels amazing to be alive right now. I am on a good high over how life has been the past couple of weeks with work, family and getting back in shape. A couple of weeks ago I started to feel things shift into a better direction for me with the wife about to work and work itself getting back to where it needs to be.

This past weekend I started my fight training again. My back still has a ways to go but what better way than pounding on a heavy bag a couple of times of week? Yesterday the wife and I spent a solid 45 minutes working on our abs and upped body with the heavy bag and while I feel a little sore today I feel great. We've decided that if Michelle gets the ENDO job we'll keep our gym memberhsip and utilize the pool a few times a week as well as working out. That would justify having it despite I love working otu on my own far better than the gym but the gym offers great things I can't do at home. It also gives us the chance to socialize Liam more, use the pool, climbing wall and Michelle has her workout partner to keep her happy.

The beach trip is 4 weeks away and we're on our way to our fitness goals.

How we'll get there( If you notice this plan evolves a lot which I love).
Boxing 2-3 times per week
Yoga 1 time
Gym 3 times per week (1 is on Saturday for workout then pool time)
This will also entail a minimum of swimming twice per week to cool off after workouts. Gym time during the week will have a focus on heavy lifting with Sat- being a relatively light day- abs, arms, pull- ups and calves.
Hom gym 3 times per week. Simple fit with abs.

This is of course will accompnay great nutrition. Big salads with Dark Greens, good spread of veggies and high protein intake. Nutrition is 80% of any workout. The body needs fuel and it will only run efficiently if the fuel is top notch. This isn't a goal to look better but to get in top physical shape, heal the back and get into fighting condition. Not that I will fight in the ring again but the best shape of any athlete is one that he/she can use in conbat b/c it brings everythign together in a functional sense rather than focus on bench alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment