Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Did you say what I think you just said...

The streak continues yet again. Had another great moment last night while writing. I've had quite a few of those which to me aren't necessarily a bad thing at all.

I started to think about my experiences and realized that in order to be happy I need ot take charge of my life, my fitness and just enjoy every waking moment. Our lives are filled with stress generally created by us but also outside influences that can and often do affect us in a myriad of ways. This blog is supposed to help me get past that and work towards being a better person/father.

I tweeted last night that if we dont take charge then someone else will. I believe this statement and feel that those who do nto think for themselves are nothing more than a shell of what they could be. harsh yet true. We're fed all these lies by Marketing/Advertising firms that lead us to believe we have to have this or have that to be happy. People never question anything anymore. It's sad that we're losing what makes us...well us. People just accept things and go about their day. Why live life the exact same way everyday? We have the chance to alter our lives with every choice we make. We can change our future to be more exciting, happier, healthier, etc yet people make the decision to do nothing.

From this moment on I will no longer fall into the category of what if, what might have been... From this point on I will live in the moment and take advantage of whatever comes my way. I may not like the outcome but its a new experience and a new possibility for me to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment